Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Grandma's Apple Butter

 My Grandma Queen is on my mind and is always in my heart. I am going to share her recipe of Apple Butter. This is one of the things that she made that I adored. She made the best biscuits to go with the Apple Butter! She also made a variation with cinnamon heart candy, but I can't find that written down anywhere.( Which I loved the very best)
  •                Apple Butter

    5 lbs Granny Smith Apples, cored and peeled

    3 cups water

    3 cups white sugar

    3 cups brown sugar, packed

    1 box powdered pectin

    1 TBS ground cinnamon

    1 tsp ground allspice

    1 tsp ground cloves

    1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

    Cook the apples in water until soft enough to mash. 
    Add all ingredients and boil for 2 mins. Stirring constantly. 
    Place in clean pint jars while hot.  
    Makes 6 pints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment