Monday, March 4, 2013

Another Busy Weekend

Jimmy and I had time off together on Saturday. So we slept in a little, did a little bit of laundry, grocery shopped, then just vegged at home. Boobug took off to hang out with a friend at the movies, then just stayed the night. While we were out, we picked up Pitch Perfect for Cheybug. It was a movie that she seen in one of her classes, and she raved about it. Nice surprise for her. She was tickled pink. Then we watched it with her. Beyond the kids drama, the movie was good. Has a great soundtrack.

Sunday morning, Jimmy did a 20 mile long run. I meet him out at Melton Lake and did 9 miles of my own. He is going to run the Marathon again this year and I am going to run the half. It was a good run for me.  Once we finished, Jimmy craved some fried apples....so he gets on the phone to call his Mom (Geri) and she tells him to slice some apples, butter a frying pain, add brown sugar and a little water.
So with her directions I concoct a recipe of  5 sliced Cameo apples, 2 tablespoons of softened butter, 1/3 c brown sugar and added 1 tsp cinnamon. Apples into a hot cast iron skillet and added 3/4 c water. Fried them down some, then added the brown sugar and cinnamon. I must say they were very Tasty!!

At 8pm, we watched The Bible on the History Channel. This segment ran past where we are in the Old Testament reading. It was portrayed well. However,I do not feel that Sarah was not displayed in the best of light. Hopefully, we will be able to catch it all. The one thing that I am not pleased with is all the blessed commercial interruptions...arrgh!




Moses receives the Ten Commandments.I really should be studying now for my PALS re certification....I am so procrastinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment