Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Life's activities

  So the last six days have been super busy. I have the best Valentine, ever!! Jimmy worked on Valentines day, so I went shopping. I planned out a nice dinner for the four of us to enjoy. My bestest Valentine brought home roses and chocolate!! He also brought chocolate for the girls : ). He loves us!

To accompany our dinner, the girls and I baked cupcakes. They were good, but could have been so much better. (My oven get super hot or something, even with adjusted times the bottoms get too done. Does anyone out there have any suggestions? They would be most appreciated)

Both girls stayed at friend's houses on friday. So we lounged in the alone time after Hubs got home from work. Saturday, we had the day together off. We got my 8 mile long run out of the way, then goofed off in Knoxville for the remainder of the day and evening. We had an evening dinner at Romano's Macaroni grill and Italian restaurant. The service was good, the fare not so much.

Sunday, Jimmy ran an 18 mile long run, while I chilled at home. Around 5, I fixed a large pot of chili. One of my favorite meals ever.
Hubs went back to work on monday, the girls were out of school for President's day. Boo and I went shopping, while Chey hung out with our next door neighbor. I picked up the cutest egg crate. (I had bought one on saturday, while Jimmy and I were out. I had to get another one, for a full dozen eggs, don't ya know.) Found a pair of flats at JC Pennys, because the family is hating on my poor oxfords. I really was on the search for a pair of mint colored jeans, that fits, to no avail. Then we went to Dillard's, to get my face wash and booyah, they were having an Estee Lauder gift with purchase. Yay, freebie for me. Boo was shaking her head, tsk tsk, you don't wear much make up. Yes, I know, but I still can't resist that girly call.  Then on to the grocery store....yikes. Mainly to get a few essentials, and restock a few things; ie Kidney beans. I need a list of the Ultimate Cook's well stock pantry.
Last night, I made an awesome chicken recipe from Weeknights with Giada; Chicken with Tarragon and White Wine. I had to tweak it some, for I did not have Tarragon, nor could I find it yesterday. I used a dry mix of Italian herbs. It was delicious! I am very pleased, the whole family approved.You can find the recipe here at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chicken-with-tarragon-and-white-wine-recipe/index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment