Tuesday, October 30, 2012

" Now it is a strange thing, but things are good to have and days that are good to spend are soon told about, and not much to listen to, while things that are uncomfortable, palpitating, and even gruesome, may make a good tale, and take a deal of telling anyway" JRR Tolkien

  In this month of October, our family took fall vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC. We enjoyed 6 days of surf, sand, family time and an abundance of different personalities.(10/13-19/2012) The fact, that all 6 of us were together, is in itself AMAZING!! I am so glad that we had the time. Ashley joined us on Tuesday, after her semester finals. (I am so proud of her) Zeke and the girls are growing up so fast. It is unbelievable how fast.
  The last couple of months, I have read several books. A couple of the books were suggested by the Chic Chat Book Club, that I follow on face book. The titles are: Unglued; Made to Crave; One Thousand Gifts.  Each one of these books have a major message that speaks to the core of this woman, wishing and striving for a personal relationship with her Kingly Father. I adopted a prayer from one of the authors: "I need wisdom to make wise choices. I need insight to remember the words I have read in Scripture. I need power beyond what I can find on my own. Help me to grow closer to you by making godly choices and seeing how you provide the power to live by the Spirit."
  In the upcoming event of  "The Hobbit" movie, I read the book by J.R.R. Tolkien. I really really can not wait!!! I absolutely love " The Lord of The Rings" trilogy. This past Sunday was so cold, Jimmy and I vegged on the couch and watched the first movie.
  I have tried to teach myself to knit, occasionally over the last couple of years or ten. I recently heard the calling again, so I picked the needles up and chose a vintage pattern Crescendo Shawl (www.freevintageknitting.com) to start. After several failed attempt, I now have 21 rows done. It needs to be 66 inches long. I never chose easy. This pattern incorporates cable type stitches which I have never done. So far so good, I think. I don't think my stitches are too far off. I do believe I have chosen the wrong type of yarn for this pattern though. I have only ever attempted straight knit-purl scarves (x4).






No comments:

Post a Comment