Wednesday, March 21, 2012

New Spring!!

Yesterday was March 20, 2012. The first day of spring, which I welcome with open arms. I am not a winter person. I love the light, the green and the colors of nature. The tulips have bloomed out, my hydrangea has new growth. I am so ready for!!

My Mom, Dad and my nieces came from NC to stay the night on the 16th. I am very glad they did.They have visited several times over the years, but have never stayed. It was very nice to just hang and relax at home visiting them. On friday night, I fixed my chili and cornbread. Saturday morning, I actually fixed breakfast.(I never fix breakfast, Jimmy always cooks my breakfast) I even made biscuits. Have not done that in over 6 yrs. 

Monday evening, I was so surprised with company. My prodigal daughter came home for a 2 hr visit. I fixed pasta for dinner before she left. Maybe, just maybe, we can bridge the grand canyon that is between us. I would really like to have peace with her. She still has some growing up to do and she will.......

I have recently read the Hunger Games. Those novels blew me away. I really can't wait for the movie. They have a great story line that resembles our current culture. Very potent!!! 

I really am so very blessed by the Lord above!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment