Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

 So I am seeing the signs of Summer's end, and it makes me sad. I love Summer, it is my favorite time of year. The humidity is the only thing that I dislike about it.
 This weekend was so busy. Labor day weekend is the Cornerstone of Recovery Alumni. We spent Saturday afternoon hanging out there. It was extremely hot and humid standing around the parking lot.We missed the BBQ, got there too late to enjoy the food. Oh well. Afterwards, I talked Hubs into to taking us to my favorite restaurant; Carrabba's. I seem to always have the Mezzaluna, my favorite dish!

 Sunday, Jimmy was in charge of the Motorcycle ride fundraiser for COR. We had a good participation of people. Fourteen motorcycles in all. We rode to the Apple Valley restaurant in Townsend, and then  throughout the Foothills Parkway. Last stop was at Foothills Harley Davidson, before heading back to COR. Some folks peeled off and headed on home.

Once we got home, we watched an episode of Dexter, then spent 30 mins on the treadmill, plus P90X Leg workout. Now my quads are burning.
The day did not end there. Jimmy and I took our 13 yr old to Boomsday. Knoxville was packed with people on Neyland drive. The fireworks were spectacular. So it was a super late day and I am still exhausted from it.




No comments:

Post a Comment